About Limpopo Department of Economic Development, Environment, and Tourism
The Department of Economic Development, Environment & Tourism is an establishment that strives itself in promoting the economic growth of the Limpopo province. By utilizing leadership strategies and providing work opportunities, the department has high hopes that they are able to eradicate poverty in the area. In order to do so, the department has deigned the Strategic and Annual Performance Plan which allows local businesses to has a strategic mandate to help promote sustainable economic development and growth in the province.
About Limpopo Bursary Programme
The Limpopo Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism take prides in providing its local residents with the necessary financial assistance to well-deserving individuals who wish to continue their further education. This is to ensure that previously disadvantaged individuals do not have to carry the burden of money in order to gain their educational degrees.is
Therefore, the Limpopo Bursary Programme is designed to provide such financial assistance. The bursary will only be catered to students who are planning to study on a full-time basis. The bursary itself with be used to cover several fees and expenses, tuition costs, accommodation and meals. All candidates must attain a minimum requirements of admission to a Bachelor’s Degree. Preference is given out to students who plan on pursuing these following fields of studies, such as:
- ND: Nature Conservation
- BSc in Environmental Sciences/Environmental Management
- BSc Hons/Masters in Botany
- BSc Hons/Masters in Aquatic/Terrestrial Ecology
- LLB with Environmental Law as major course
- BCom/ND: Tourism Management
- ND: Eco Tourism
- ND: Food operations Management
- BTech Tourism Management
- Bachelor/ND: Industrial Engineering
- ND/BEng Chemical Physical/Process Metallurgy
- Bachelor/ND Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor Local Economic Development & BCom/ND in Business Management/Entrepreneurship.
Limpopo Bursary Programme Requirements
Before you can apply for the Limpopo Bursary Programme, all candidates are to adhere to these following requirements. As each of these qualifications are important, please make sure you are able to fulfill all of them. Failure to do so may result in consequences that could affect the overall performance of your application procedure. To see what that establishment is looking for, kindly visit the official website.
The Limpopo Bursary Programme Requirements are as follows:
- A valid copy of your South African ID
- Proof of residency in the Limpopo Province
- A valid copy of your Grade 12 certificate or Grade 12 mid-year results
- A valid copy of your Academic transcripts
- An official Acceptance letter from reputable South African tertiary institution
- Proof of your household income
- Priority is given to individuals originating from previously disadvantaged rural areas.
How to Apply
In order to apply for the Limpopo Bursary Programme, all candidates are to obtain the application forms from the Head Office, 19 Biccard Street, Evridiki Towers (Polokwane). If not, you can also get a copy of the applications from all departmental district offices, such as in Capricorn, Sekhukhune, Mopani, Vhembe, Waterberg and Multi- purpose center at the Municipalities. For a more simple and online version, you can simply visit the official website.
To make it even simpler for you, we have also provided the official application form in this article, which you can download by clicking this link. Once you have submitted in your applications, please wait for a notification from the committee. If you have not heard back from the programme within a period of eight weeks, we regret to inform you that your application has been considered unsuccessful and you will not be able to proceed to the next selection phase.
How to Submit Your Applications
Once you have all of your applications gathered, you can finally send them in. There are several ways to send them. You can either forward your applications to this address: The Director, Human Resource Development, Private Bag
X9484, Polokwane, 0700. Or, you could also hand-deliver your applications to any one of these following Registry offices:
- Head Office: 19 Biccard Street, Office No. B1 – 73, Evridiki Towers Building, Polokwane. Call: (015) 293 8418/8387 (Lebelo MR)
- Mopani District Municipality: Mopani Government Building, P/Bag X 9681, Giyani, 0826. Call: (015) 812 0365/7402 (Shikwambana M.D)
- Capricorn District Municipality: 90 Bok Street, Gani House P/Bag X 9555, Polokwane, 0700. Call: (015) 297 3839 (Mphahlele M)
- Waterberg District Municipality: 84 River Street, NTK Building, P/Bag X 1041, Modimolle, 0510. Call: (014) 717 1055 (Moropo KP)
- Sekhukhune District Municipality: Parliamentary Building, Lebowakgomo. Call: (015) 633 5220/5104 or 082 373 9848 (Makhura MP)
- Vhembe District Municipality: Old Parliamentary Building, Block E & F, P/Bag X 5088, Thohoyandou, 0950. Call: (015) 962 4722 (Rasila K)