About Capricorn District Municapility
The Capricorn District Municipality was founded in the year 2000, which was then an establishment by the previous Northern District Council. Located in the middle of the Limpopo Province, you can find this municipality right at the northern parts of South Africa. You can easily identify the area by its lush abundance of rural nature. As a rather huge municipality – consisting of up to five local municipalities such as Aganang, Blouberg, Lepelle-Nkumpi, Molemole and Polokwane, each of them has different levels of socio-economic benefits and potential that is ready to by dug out and expanded.
About Capricorn District Internship Programme
The Capricorn District is currently offering an internship programme that is designed to provide local youths with a one-of-a-kind experience working under the Capricorn District Municipality government. Through this internship, all selected candidates will be given the chance to prove themselves as worth interns who have the potential to further improve the establishment. As a bonus, all selected interns will be granted a monthly stipend of R3500.00.
The Capricorn District Internship programme is opening up its internship programme to students from these study fields as per listed below:
- Sports, Arts, Culture and Safety
- National Diploma/B Degree: Sports Administration and Management
- Council Support
- National Diploma/B Degree: Public Administration
- Public Management/Political Science
- Integrated Development Planning
- National Diploma/B Degree: Town and Regional Planning/Development Planning
- Communications Unit
- National Diploma/B Degree: Communications/Public Relations/Media Studies/Journalism
- Information & Communication Technology
- National Diploma/B Degree: Information Technology/Computer Studies
- Local Economic Development
- National Diploma/B Degree: Business Management/Economics/Marketing/Tourism Management
- Disaster Management Services
- National Diploma/B Degree: Disaster Management
- Risk Management Services
- National Diploma/B Degree: Risk Management.
Capricorn District Internship Requirements
Before applying for the Capricorn District internship, there is a strict eligibility criteria that all applicants must adhere to. Please note that each of these requirements are equally important as they will determine whether you will be accepted by the internship programme or not. In addition, people of all races, genders and disabilities or very much encouraged to apply for this programme. Visit the Capricorn Distrcit Municipality official website to get more information about the establishment.
Below are the Capricorn District internship requirements:
- Holds a South African citizenship
- Between 18-35 years old
- Resides in the Capricorn District Municapility
- Is currently not employed by any other establishment
- Has not been part of any internship programme before.
How to Apply
If you plan on signing up for the Capricorn District internship programme, then please follow these instructions clearly. All interested candidates must send in an application letter that states what internship programme they would like to apply. After writing up the application letter, candidates must gather up several necessary documents, such as their latest Curriculum Vitae, valid copies of their qualifications and identification.
Once all that is done, candidates can submit them to the the: Municipal Manager, Capricorn District Municipality, PO Box 4100, Polokwane, 0700. Of if candidates prefer to hand deliver their applications, they can do so by personally sending them in to 41 Biccard Street, Polokwane at the registry desk. The committee will not be accepting faxed or e-mailed applications, and they will automatically be disqualified from the application procedure.
Official announcements will be made within three months past the deadline. If you have not heard back from the committee by then, we regret to inform you that your application has been considered unsuccessful. But don’t get your hopes down yet – if you are still interested in interning for the Capricorn District, you can take a peep at some other insightful opportunities provided by the district. You can check for more vacancies at this website.
If you have any more questions or concerns, you can ask them away to Johanna Mamaregane at (015) 294 1077 or Bokang Mahlobogwane (015) 294 1002.
41 Biccard Street