About Ethekwini Metropolitan Municipality
The Ethekwini Metropolitan Municipality is founded under the South African province of KwaZulu-Natal. As the largest city in the province, and the third-largest city in the country, the city is popular for its busy, well-manageed port. It is also popular within tourists due to its subtropical climate and beaches.
With the tourism business booming in the municipality, the amount of visitors coming to Ethekwini are increasing year by year. It’s no surprise as its hospitality industry is up to its high standards. When visiting Ethekwini, you may find lines of fine hotels, nightspots, shopping malls, ethnic attractions, traditional villages, craft markets, sparkling dams, and big-game parks.
Ethekwini Metropolitan Municipality Job Vacancies 2020
The Ethekwini Metropolitan Municipality offers a variety of programmes for its citizens. Whether you’re currently looking for a job vacancy, or if you’re looking for something to prepare yourself for the real-time working force, the city of Ethekwini can accommodate all that. Check out these programmes below:
- A combination of structural theoretical classes and practical work experience that helps learners understand employment contexts.
- A programme created to help students enter a professional body to meet their institution qualifications.
- A combination of theory learning and on the job training which can last from 2-4 years. A partial salary is usually included.
- Student Bursaries
- Financial grants that are given to Architects, Town Planners, Quantity Surveyors, Chemical, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Land Surveyors and Professional Valuers.
- Experiential Learning
- A short term educational school programme where students experience the working world.
- In-Service Training
- A practical that is taken by students who are currently studying. They will gain ‘real life’ experience for 6-12 months.
- Work Experience
- Designed for unemployed people who are withing the ages of 18-35.
If you would like learn more about these programmes, visit the official Ethekwini E-Career website to gain more information.
How to Apply:
Job applications in Ethekwini are all now conducted online through their Web Recruitment website. If you are planning to apply for a job vacancy in Ethekwini, follow there instructions below:
- Visit the official Ethekwini Web Recruitment website
- Log in to your account
- If you do not have an account yet, you can register for free
- Once you are logged in, use the search tool to find the job vacancy of your choice
- Each job vacancies have their own application process, so follow their instructions as clearly as possible.
If you have any inquiries regarding the online web recruitment system, you can always visit the Ethekwini government office to receive offline information about Ethekwini job applications:
221 Anton Lembede Street
Available Job Positions in Ethekwini:
- Learner Technician
- Principal Clerk
- Security Officer
- Development Applications Team Leader
- Chief Clerk – Grade 08.
Ethekwini Metropolitan Municipality Contact Details:
City Hall, 263 Dr Pixley Ka Seme (West) Street
PO Box 1014